Planing To Plant in Live Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milindsaraswala

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:n00b:

I have setup my 8 gallon aquarium before 10 days with 9 tiger barbs and 1 honey garoumi and 1 blue garoumi. Now I want to plant some aquatic plants. I don't know about it anything. I like small plants like grass on the bottom surface of the tank. can somebody will help me starting with and what things I should need.

Unless that's a typo on your aquarium size, your aquarium severely overstocked. If it wasn't a typo, then I'd start by correcting your stocking. Further if you've only had the aquarium stocked for 10 days and didn't cycle it first, you're going to want to complete the cycle before planting the aquarium, especiallly if you're going to go the high light route. The reason being that lots of light + Ammonia generally results in Green Water.

I'd recommend reading the References and Resources Sticky. There's links to lots of good information in there. Once you've read up a bit ask questions on anything that still isn't making sense.

The next step will be figuring out the type of aquarium that you want to have. Are you looking to have an easy low light aquarium with limited plant choices, or do you want to get into a high tech tank that will allow you to grow most anything. Once you make up your mind, let us know and we can give you more specific advise on how to proceed.

Back
Top Bottom