Plant advice for a 3 gallon cube?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dear_iinsanity

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I finally got my fluval stratum and fluval mini compact 13w light in the mail yesterday...now all that's left is plants. This is my first planted aquarium so I need a little advice on what plants I should consider.

I have a 10" 3 gallon cube, and I was thinking about doing an iwagumi setup or maybe a nice piece of driftwood with a couple of rocks and the plants.

But what plants? Help!!

So I finally got my fluval stratum and fluval mini compact 13w light in the mail yesterday...now all that's left is plants. This is my first planted aquarium so I need a little advice on what plants I should consider.

I have a 10" 3 gallon cube, and I was thinking about doing an iwagumi setup or maybe a nice piece of driftwood with a couple of rocks and the plants.

But what plants? Help!!

Could I have all the dimesnsions? And a picture of what you have now?

I find using small plant species in nano tanks looks the best. Rotata Mini Butterfly, Alternanthera Reineckii Mini, Ammania Bonsai, Ludwigia Seneglasis, Ludwigia Threadleaf, Rotala Wallachii, Crypt Parva, and Dwarf Baby Tears are just a few that would look great in a nano tank.

10x10x10.5

Right now I just have a silk plant in there and the rock cave with white sand

First, I'd get rid of the slope in front. I would slope it to 1 corner or front to back. And then id do rotala mini butterfly (great plant. I love mine) in one corner with a carpet of dwarf tears. I'd put an anubias nana petite on the rocks. And maybe a carpet of reinekki mini

Back
Top Bottom