Plant Browning - To Be Expected?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericwithac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey All! So i replaced our bamboo plant yesterday with a Aponogeton ulvaceus. After just 24 hours she is already starting to brown.

My java ferns and aqua ferns are fine.
My amazon sword is just a tiny bit browned.
My dwarf baby tears are browned (one more than the other)
My Aponogeton ulvaceus is very brown.

Ive read articles where it takes some time for plants to get acclimated, and they may then brown before getting healthy again.
Is this whats going on? It just seems odd that It has happened so quickly!

Thanks for the help!

A little hard to see, sorry for the fuzziness, but its just below the DG. Its starting to brown alot on certain leaves and not so much on others...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426604561.204653.jpg

In Soviet Russia iPhone You!!

My dwarf baby tears are starting to brown as well!!! Any ideas?

In Soviet Russia iPhone You!!

HC browning is likely a CO2 issue. The other plants... maybe transitioning, especially the aponogeton and sword as they are grown emersed. How old are they?

Lights?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No. & Color. =84 White/6 Blue
Watts Per LED =0.11
Total Watts Per Fixture=9.02
Total Lux=990
Total Lumen at 12"=620

I had two 55g BioWheel kits from marineland, and i am using all four lights.
Oddly enough it looks as though one patch of DBT is starting to grow and looks alot better, while the other is very brown with a few green patches.

The apongaten looks better this evening, just a little brownish coloring.

HC browning is likely a CO2 issue. The other plants... maybe transitioning, especially the aponogeton and sword as they are grown emersed. How old are they?

Not sure on the age, we bought them from our local LFS. The aponogeton is quite large...

Lighting brand?
That's pretty pretty low on anything taller than 5"..
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry I can't help, I'm too new to all this but I did want to say "hello" to a fellow Vermonter! Good to know there are others from VT on here. Where do you buy your fish in VT?

Back
Top Bottom