plant bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iVintage87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone ever try the plant bulbs you can buy in store? You know the ones with just the lil bulbs in them it says to either plant a little under your substrate or let float...anyone try em? Have any luck?

I have had very limited luck with them, if they sprout they seem to do fine for me.

good to know, i did get a pack I guess I'll just wait them out and see what happens, then finish up my planting with plants already growing lol

1 of 5 we planted grew and turned out to be a lily. Once it sprouted, it went NUTS and grew FAST. :) I'd prefer to just get plants from now on though.

I picked up a pack after going to just look at some fish at this petco, I was looking at their plants and I don't know....there was so much black stuff on them....what is that?! It was just a big tank of plants...the only other plants they had were the ones sold already pre-packaged that say snail free all over and they were pretty pricey...the bulbs were pretty cheap so I decided to just give em a try until I could find some plants that didn't make me feel nervous

I guess all petcos have black stuff on their plants, because mine had that too. I'm guessing it's algae?

I guess so....it just seemed nasty and I didn't want to add that to my tank. But it may very well be because the tank is absolutely filled with pants and its like 3 small tank glued together but the water goes between all three....and theres algea all over the sides of the tank. I've had the bulbs in for maybe a little over a week now. No growth yet...ouch

Back
Top Bottom