Plant Care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.waffles1842

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, so i was thinking i was happy with my tank, but after seeing your beatiful planted tanks, i wanted to try planted tanks again. I havent been very successful in the past with this though... I need some tips, if you can. Id like to know if i should use fertilizer, and if so what kind. Id also like to know what the plants require. Any advice would be a big help. Thanks!

lighting, lighting, lighting. Getting your lighting sorted out is what I would do first and foremost. Depending on how high tech you want to go will determine what kind of lighting you get, but working on ferts/getting plants/substrate/etc before you deal with lighting is like putting a cart before the horse.

Are you planning to run pressurized co2? Willing to do a strict fert dosing regimen, or rather something more lax?

My only advice is to start with some low light, hardy, easy to grow plants. Get good at those, and try something more complicated. :)

Back
Top Bottom