Plant Fertilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bradfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
What is the best fertilizer or additives for plants to add to a 55 gal with low light (only have 1 flouresent striplight with auqaglo bulb, planning on adding more when money allows). I have serveral Jungle and Contrusion Grasses. They are spreading runners from all plants. What other plants would be good also? Thanks

I've had good results using SeaChem Flourish. I haven't seen much upward growth from my jungle vals, but it puts out a lot of runners after a good dosing. I can also see noticeable growth spurts in my water sprite, java ferns, and guppy grass.

With that low amount of light fertilizers aren't necessary, although they will benefit you if you want to go that route. Seachem's line is just fine, but I prefer to mix my own from dry ferts as it's significantly cheaper. Check out RexGrigg.com

root tabs might be the best bet. mixing your own liquid which isnt that hard really saves a ton of money.

Back
Top Bottom