plant fertilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitrous

Aquarium Advice FINatic
well i have around 6 bunches of plants in my 20 gal and they r looking okay some of them arent doing so hot but do u think i need to buy some type of fertilizer?
will the fertilizer be helpfull to the tank or harmfull to anything else
also is any type of fertilizer easy to get?
i have 20 gallons with a 15watt light if u need parameters ill get them for u but it is fully cycled with 3 african chiclids
advice is appreciated

there's a great sticky by malkore that your should read at the top of this forum...

hth

ya i read it and it said for low light tanks you really just need potassium and iron. is there any way i can tell if i need that or no?

there are no reliable tests for either. you might want to try adding some flourish and flourish excel. seachem also makes flourish potassium and possibly an iron additive. maybe one of the advisors can chime in and answer...

i have a lowlight 6 gallon and just use flourish and flourish excel. this seems to be enough for my plants....

hth

While I like seachem's products (especially excel), I perfer Tropica's mastergrow for an all in one fert in combination with excel.

alright do u kno if they sell this at bigals? also ill try and look for some at the lfs
if my lfs has some excel ill buy some and add it to my 20 gal and it wont harm anything right?

thanks for ur help!

Actually, Excel is known to cause problems with Anachris. It may or may not melt or get bad growth.
I personally tried it and had very brittle anachris stems, all other plants were fine.
Vallisneria aren't real fond of Excel either.

Should have mentioned that. Havent had anacharis in quite some time. Seachem reccommends dosing 1/2 strength when dealing with anacharis.

Back
Top Bottom