Plant fertilizer that doesn't harm Netrite snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KFav93

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone. My plants aren't thriving like they should be and I'm looking into fertilizers but I heard they can harm snails. What's the best fertilizer option?

I use Aquarium Co-Op's "Easy Green" and "Easy Iron," and my plants are thriving in a mid-high light situation. Snails don't seem bothered at all. What kind of lighting and plants do you have?

I have yet to hear about any fertilizer used in aquaria that hurts inverts when used in recommended amounts. Some people get concerned about the micro fert mixes such as Plantex CSM - B because of the copper content, but the amount in the fertilizer is such a trace amount that it has no effect on copper sensitive inverts.

But fertilizer choice really depends on the tank. So as asked before; what lights are you running? What Size tank is this? What plants do you have / plan on getting?

I'm 3yr experience on planted tanks. There are few things that help plants thrive.

Lighting
Co2
And fertilizer tabs

I would focus on lighting first then use excel flourish which is fine for crustaceans

And if u have a lot of plants buy a c02 kit for your tAnk which is about 80$ for a decent one here is what my 75g looks like my amazon sword plant is about 18 inches almost to the top of my tank.IMG_20170923_172505.jpgIMG_20170923_172521.jpgIMG_20170901_005539.jpg Sorry this last picture was me trying out different bulbs to see what grew better with a led or.a.fluorescent

I have yet to hear about any fertilizer used in aquaria that hurts inverts when used in recommended amounts. Some people get concerned about the micro fert mixes such as Plantex CSM - B because of the copper content, but the amount in the fertilizer is such a trace amount that it has no effect on copper sensitive inverts.

But fertilizer choice really depends on the tank. So as asked before; what lights are you running? What Size tank is this? What plants do you have / plan on getting?

+1 actually

Hi everyone. My plants aren't thriving like they should be and I'm looking into fertilizers but I heard they can harm snails. What's the best fertilizer option?

If your plants are thriving there’s a very good chance your snails are too [emoji846][emoji222]

Back
Top Bottom