Plant food!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok thanks so in the begining of this forum i was asking about the API leaf zone stuff, i have already added it twice because i just got it last week and the liquid makes my water look more green, my water used to be crystal clear and now its green is this normal? Because i liked my water clear more than green haha but if it helps plants im willing to make a sacrifice. So is green water normal when using this product? Thanks

Ok thanks so in the begining of this forum i was asking about the API leaf zone stuff, i have already added it twice because i just got it last week and the liquid makes my water look more green, my water used to be crystal clear and now its green is this normal? Because i liked my water clear more than green haha but if it helps plants im willing to make a sacrifice. So is green water normal when using this product? Thanks

No green is not normal. You may be getting an algae bloom.

Adjust your timer so lights are only running 6 hours for now. Do weekly water changes. 50% this time wouldn't hurt.
Watch the amount you feed.

Too much light
Too much food
Not enough water changes
Not enough filtration

Can all cause algae.

Excel can be used as an algaecide if needed.

Algae blooms like green water are caused by inbalance in the aquarium. Likely cause by the chemicals u have been adding to change your levels around. As I said in a previous post u need to find out the cause of your problems rather than a quick fix with chemicals. Something isn't balanced. Dramatically changing your levels will cause algae blooms and fish stress.

Aaaaaaa man way too many problems with my tnk right now

I'd suggest browsing through some info on Barr report. Just google bar report and read all about algae problems and info on how to fix it and also how to establish a balance in your aquarium. A lot of helpful info on that site.

Back
Top Bottom