Plant help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It depends on the species/type. Flame moss grows upward. Java moss and several others grows sideways which is good for spreading. Other types drape downward in a willow like fashion.

Nice!!!!! That's not the same as the moss balls sold at petsmart right? How much do they usually cost? Sorry just trying to get info! Also how would u put it on the decor? Like if u look at my pic of my setup where would u put it?

Would u use a rubber band or fishing line? Or would it attach itself. I want to get all te information possible so ik how to properly care for him

Would u use a rubber band or fishing line? Or would it attach itself. I want to get all te information possible so ik how to properly care for him

I prefer very light test fishing line. Not very visible. Others prefer dark or black cotton thread. It will eventually attach itself.

I tied my anubias down with a rubber band because I didn't want it to cut I tithe stems and roots but I believe with moss it would work better

Guys I really like java moss!!! Now I just have 2 questions. 1. I'm not sure where to put it in my set up...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396124235.790847.jpg plz tell me where u think would be a good place.
2. Were would I buy it

I just wedged my moss into cracks in the driftwood, 5 months later it has grabbed hold all over and grown into it very nicely..

Ok thx brook!!! Could I wedge it under a rock that's laying on my driftwood ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396180650.182940.jpg like that rock

Yup, or tie it up with fishing line or zip tie.. Same principle would apply to one of those rocks too..

I wouldn't make a bulletproof vest with it!! With decent lighting and a splash if flourish it should do nicely.. Unless you have fish that breed in moss?? My killi's made a mess of it..

I wouldn't make a bulletproof vest with it!! With decent lighting and a splash if flourish it should do nicely.. Unless you have fish that breed in moss?? My killi's made a mess of it..

Naah none of my fish are gonna be breeding! My tank is mostly males! Is my lighting ok for it? As u said my lighting was terrible :yikes:

Your lighting isn't terrible.. Just won't grow much other than java's, moss, anubias, maybe a crypt or sword..

Your lighting isn't terrible.. Just won't grow much other than java's, moss, anubias, maybe a crypt or sword..

Ok that's still a pretty good
Variety of plants I could have in my tank! Also my tank is by one of my sliding door window thingy's it's all glass and light passes through easily and hits my fishtank. Not sure if this makes a difference because in the wild plants rely on sun right? And photosynthesis to grow so would the door/window help

Do does algae! It will most likely cause a major algae issue, I have the same problem..

Back
Top Bottom