Plant help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Surprisingly it hasn't caused any so far!!!! And almost 3/4 of the tank is in the light! I was thinking about the algae problem as well but all I have is on te back glass which I actually like as I feel it gives it a more natural feel. But that wouldn't help plants grow?

I'm guessing it would benefit plants as much as algae, maybe the algae comes with the addition of ferts too? I'm not an expert.. I'm still figuring it out myself, excel seemed to work wonders for the bba outbreak I had a couple months back..

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396184214.248390.jpg see as u can see the two doors are right In front of the tank!!! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396184288.854222.jpg and that's the only algae I have

View attachment 230854 see as u can see the two doors are right In front of the tank!!! View attachment 230855 and that's the only algae I have

You must be doing something right. I have seen rampant algae outbreaks in much less light.
I tend to let algae grow on the back wall of my tanks. That may not be ideal in you situation. I'd rather let it grow there then in other places I suppose.
You can check the this forum's classified section for various types of mosses for sale or check your LFS. I once bought a coconut half shell with (flame?) moss on top from Petco. Under a single t-8 17w bulb in a 20 long with no ferts, within several months it filled the entire tank to a depth of 4-5".

You must be doing something right. I have seen rampant algae outbreaks in much less light.
I tend to let algae grow on the back wall of my tanks. That may not be ideal in you situation. I'd rather let it grow there then in other places I suppose.
You can check the this forum's classified section for various types of mosses for sale or check your LFS. I once bought a coconut half shell with (flame?) moss on top from Petco. Under a single t-8 17w bulb in a 20 long with no ferts, within several months it filled the entire tank to a depth of 4-5".

That's great!!!! I guess I'm gonna be getting some moss!!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396187051.047375.jpg
And yea ur right it's a ton of sunlight but no algae so I guess I am doing something right lol!!!!

Yea it's my grandmas she lives with us and she likes to garden!!! Why?

Start getting some of your tank water in there.. The nitrates will grow out those matoes like boooom..

You could also get away with some of the easier stem plants like anacharis, bacopa carolina, some of the hygrophilas, banana plants, ludwigia repens. Also crypts, vallisneria and sagittaria.

You should be able to find most of these at Petsmart/Petco. The ludwigia repens, vals and sags would most likely be found at a mom & pop place or online.

+1 on anarchis! It will look great in your tank along the back! Grows nice and tall. Dragon def knows her plants;)

Back
Top Bottom