Plant I.D. yet again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glen, you've obviously thrown a wrench in our works here :)

Well, I can tell you that it is definately 100% a Ludwiga, Hygro or Rotala plant, perhaps even a different stem plant.

it doesn't look like the rotundifola I have here.. the leaves are way too long.

That the leaves in your picture get longer as it goes down the stem would lead me to believe polysperma is it.. we can always see how fast it grows and what new growth looks like.. might be easier.

yes!! it is polysperma i am sure of it. the stores lighting is pathetic which cause the leaves to stunt thats why it doesnt look normal. in about a week take a pic again and postit and u will se it is the rosenervig that i originally mentioned. lol as u can tell i am stubborn and am sticking with what i think. i picked up a huge bunch of plants this weekend and i will be making a post tonight for identification as well. and one of them is identicle to this plant. i got 3 bunches for the price of one eeach bunch had about 6 stems. the guys at the store was kinda slow lol.

Hey guys, this is getting kinda funny!! I have lots of both Hygro rosenervig and Rotala rotundifola in another tank. This plant is neither! Though it is similar to both of those. Thanks for all the interest. I am going to let it grow in a bit and I'll post a shot of it later. Maybe I'll be eating my own words!

If anybody still wants to know, here is a positive ID on these two plants. On the upper right is Limnophila sessiliflora, or Ambulia. Looks like Cambomba but is much easier to grow as it will grow in much lower light. Fast growing, almost weed like plant. The real mystery plant at the bottom left in the main pic and in the single pics is Ludwigia arcuata, or Needle leaf ludwigia. Gets nice red stems and leaves in higher light. There you have it. Got the info from BA oakville, both plants are for sale there now. Also on the Tropica web site.

Back
Top Bottom