Plant id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

epiphysis

Aquarium Advice Freak
I found this branch with some fish I bought a while back. Decided to keep it and see how it turns out. It since developed into a small bush that seems to be doing rather well. The only thing is I have no idea what it is. Hopefully somebody can help.

44098-albums2134-picture17520.jpg

Second Hygrophila Polysperma. Its a noxious weed in several states (maybe federally?), so know the regulations before you ship it or try to sell it.

That's it. Thanks Jeta!

Now I can find out what specs it needs because I was thinking of moving it to a corner of the tank that might not get enough light.

Second Hygrophila Polysperma. Its a noxious weed in several states (maybe federally?), so know the regulations before you ship it or try to sell it.

That's the second plant then in my tank that's blacklisted. I got a brazilian sword as well that is blacklisted in our country. And both I got from the same lfs.

Brazillian Sword? Those are often non aquatic. There are a couple plants labeled brazillian sword. Got pics of it?

I've got a plant that looks very similar to the one in your pic... Polygonum porto velho... Not sure why, but it kind of looks like both that or the polysperma

Back
Top Bottom