Plant ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you first got them did you use regular tap water without declorinator? And how long where the plants out of water between first getting them and planting them

Monkey, I kept them in a water bottle half filled with the water already in there, and half with the river water I got the plants from. Then I put them into a Tupperware and used the bottled water to fill up the rest of the Tupperware. I used the bottled water because it said it was chlorinated. They are currently in some partial amount of the river/bottled water mix, but majority of the water in there is my old tank water, so the plants can have CO2. I am very confused about the one plant melting, should I add a little dechlorinater in there now? My tank water is just a little over dechlorinated, because in high doses it also helps the fishs' slime coat and growing their tails.

Oh and the plants were out of the water for about half an hour, because I was still exploring by the river for more plants, but I was periodically dipping them into the water periodically so they wouldn't completely dry out.

Its probably too late for the the dechlorinator its all probably disipated maybe theirs a lack of nutrients in that water or but something when they get really jelly like it cann sometimes be hard to bring them back to life. Try matching the substrate if you can to what they came from and then put your red substrate on top making it a bit deeper for the roots that or just get some new ones

Will the root tabs help them? Or is it too late to save it?

I guess you're right, I'll go ahead and put one in when I get home

Okay so I still need help on the smaller light green plant. I think it kinda looks like these, but I forget what they're called:

View attachment 81214

Can you put up another picture of your plant? The older ones have disappeared lol. That picture you posted doesn't look like what I remember seeing tho

Oh yeah sorry bout the old ones disappearing, I deleted them to make room for new ones! Here's some pics from today, after a water change(water got really bad) (I also pulled the lower leaves of both the plants since they were rotting):

I honestly have no clue what that one on the right is, I have an aquarium plants app and I'm not coming up with anything there. I'm really not that keen with plants I'm sorry

What's the plants app called??? You gotta tell me man!!!

It's just called aquarium plants lol. I have the pro version. Oh but I have a Droid, I'm not sure if its on the Apple market or not

It's not your fault! No need to be sorry! I still have the Internet ^^

paytertot said:
It's just called aquarium plants lol. I have the pro version. Oh but I have a Droid, I'm not sure if its on the Apple market or not

A few more helpful apps because of you :)

alia258 said:
It's not your fault! No need to be sorry! I still have the Internet ^^

I woukd suggest taking your photo to where they were bought and comparing or asking them, always a reason to shop for something

I never bought them, I got them in a freshwater river, which is why they're not with the fish ^^

Back
Top Bottom