Plant id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pete w

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was given two plants form a friend who was dismantling his aquarium. I have no idea what they are i have stone substrate and regular light I have been using leaf zone weekly. I was hoping for plant name and care should I use root tabs or not.

Attachments

• image-816856956.jpg
    image-816856956.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 67
  • image-4223362872.jpg
    image-4223362872.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 70
  • image-1613416638.jpg
    image-1613416638.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 65
First one is a crypt and not sure about the second. It's a rosette plant but not one I can identify.

First one looks like a very sad java fern. Pull it out and look at the roots, if it has a rhizome tie it to a piece of decor instead. They prefer to be like that, versus being planted in the substrate
I dont know the second one

The first two pics of the same plant is a Java Fern. They are a very hardy low light tolerant plant. I agree as what tropicalmackdaddy says about tying it to a rock or driftwood. The third pic looks like a baby Amazon sword... Definitely needs root tabs for that one.

You should fertilize with Seachem Flourish and excel. Leaf zone is just iron and potash, which lacks other essential nutrients.

Thanks for all the info the Java fern looks better in person i can't believe how bad the pic made it look but I will try moving it to a decoration and change the the fertilizer.

Back
Top Bottom