Plant ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darkseid76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Rescued this from my fathers "tank". At first it just looked like a rock with some scraggly melting leaves and roots. Leaves were green but obviously dying.

So I buried it in my tank to see if I could revive it. There was another unknown bulb but that didn't make it.
I'm guessing Red Tiger Lotus but looking for 2nd, 3rd opinions.

image-1315900376.jpg

image-3908116653.jpg

image-1303800303.jpg

Added a couple more pics. You can see the dying leaves and the newer ones growing in.

Attachments

• image-1943849722.jpg
    image-1943849722.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 54
Yep. Red Tiger Lotus. Kept these for awhile. Nice plants that give red to tanks without mic maintenance.

Awesome. Background or foreground? I have it in the foreground currently but if its going to get unruly then I'll have to transplant it to the back.

Awesome. Background or foreground? I have it in the foreground currently but if its going to get unruly then I'll have to transplant it to the back.

I have mine about mid ground but background is safe. Trim off any leaves that come out round as those will be shooting off to the surface (unless you like that then let them go!)

It's not really either IMO, it's like a centerpiece kind of plant. Definitely not foreground, because I think it grows big. So foreground for now, then mid-background when it grows bigger?

I think I'll let it grow as it pleases for now and see how it grows out. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll throw a flower out at the surface? But most likely I"ll have to move it at some point in time. Thanks for the input!!!

Back
Top Bottom