Plant ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amyb_70

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi can someone please ID this plant for me? I purchased it 2 days ago and would like to know if there is special care needed, also I don't have strong lights for plants so I'm looking to do some research. Thank you.
2ivogo6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Closest thing I can think of is red ludwigia too :)

Sent per three-eyed raven..

Maybe Red Ludwigia that was grown emersed ?

I can't tell is that a bunch of stems or 1 roseate plant ?

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It came in a bunch. All I've learned so far is if a leaf falls off, I can let it float and it will get roots, not the rhonzime (wrong spelling) like you taught me about the other day. Just a single string like root from each leaf.

The lfs I bought it from has nothing labeled correctly. I did see a sign that said red cherry _____ . But knowing the store I disregard their signs.

The bottom leafs show the color best, each leaf has pink and green on them. I've only had it planted for 2 days and the bottom leafs look to be dying. Making me think they need strong light.
These will sprout several roots on a that gets long enough. I can take this out if a picture of top to bottom would help.

Right Again

Maybe Red Ludwigia that was grown emersed ?

I can't tell is that a bunch of stems or 1 roseate plant ?

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You were right again, I finally had a chance to sit and google it and dont ya know thats the plant I have..I was very happy to read that its supposed to be easy to care for and not require strong light. time shall tell.. Thank You so much - again. How do you know so much about all these things? How long have you been into fish keeping?

B i n g o

Thanking both you and Coursier, for getting the plants id for me... I appreciate the help very much.. good news its supposed to be easy to care for also.. YAY.. we will see with this aquatic black thumb, give me a flower garden and all is good.

You were right again, I finally had a chance to sit and google it and dont ya know thats the plant I have..I was very happy to read that its supposed to be easy to care for and not require strong light. time shall tell.. Thank You so much - again. How do you know so much about all these things? How long have you been into fish keeping?

I don't know if I got the plant correct. Jeta may be better at IDing plants.

I had my first real aquarium at 12yo.
A lady never reveals her age, but I'm an adult. I've also managed different pet stores over the years. I'm currently a member of an aquatic plant club, but I am not all that great at plant ID.

I'm also an avid googler LOL

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't know if I got the plant correct. Jeta may be better at IDing plants.

I had my first real aquarium at 12yo.
A lady never reveals her age, but I'm an adult. I've also managed different pet stores over the years. I'm currently a member of an aquatic plant club, but I am not all that great at plant ID.

I'm also an avid googler LOL

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lol... Your funny.
I googled everyone's reply and red ludwigia was the one. The description and the way roots sprout from other areas (idk proper name of the other area , lol) if floating or that it may also grow sideways. That's what I was trying to explain in an earlier comment.
I can see where it looks like cherry hedge, but reading the 2 leaves me with no doubt of red ludwigia. I'm glad to see Jet jumped in though. :)
I appreciate everyone who gives their input.

I can tell that it's not red ludwigia based on the leaf color. Ludwigia doesn't get that bleaching effect on it and also the texture is more waxy on emergent specimens. Also your earlier post says red cherry ____ which would mean red cherry hedge to me. I could definitely be wrong but if it is ludwigia it's unlike one I've ever seen.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have some ar that looks like that. I'll get the name in an edit soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I can tell that it's not red ludwigia based on the leaf color. Ludwigia doesn't get that bleaching effect on it and also the texture is more waxy on emergent specimens. Also your earlier post says red cherry ____ which would mean red cherry hedge to me. I could definitely be wrong but if it is ludwigia it's unlike one I've ever seen.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Jet would it help if I pull a piece of the bundle out and take a full picture? I thank you for the help.

Here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1420057251907.jpg
    1420057251907.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom