Plant ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish wrangler

Aquarium Advice Addict
Talking to a friend about why his plants are doing bad and I figured it out...i think. No fertilizers, no co2, and inadequate light. This is the plant that he has. He got it from a plant bulb combo pack at petco or petsmart he doesn't remember. Can anyone ID this?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
First, root tabs and some iron would probably do wonders.
Second, so would lighting.

These are things you probably have told him haha. As for the ID, looks like a kind of sword.

Thanks! I told him root tabs, leaf zone, and sea chem comp. Plus metricide-14 or diy co2

Looks more like a crypt to me.

Sent per three-eyed raven..

I asked for a better picture of his second plant. Will try and get it up asap

Either way it is probably low light and neesa root tabs

I don't think it looks like a crypt. Looks more like a sword, although which type would be an impossible call when its small, in low light, and looks as sad as that one does.

Ok...i feel bad for that common pleco in the picture. Only a 29 gallon with lots of guppies and some neons.

I bought a bulb pack. My snails eat most and the remaining turned into rotten moldy lumps I had to rove that smelled like dog feces. Never again

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's actually an aponogeton species, I'm 100% sure. They like root tabs and plenty of light to grow well, otherwise they'll survive but stay small and slow-growing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also a strong possibility, given that it came from one of those bulb packs and that's usually what's in them. But regardless, you can really make a call based on that picture as it's so unhealthy looking.

I told him to put an Osmocote Plus root tab under it. Hopefully it perks up after that and I can get a better picture for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom