Plant ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agentamalia

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can anyone tell me what kind of plant this is I forget what they said at the pet store lolImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429475708.115993.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Need some better pictures hard to tell with it all bunched up like that.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Micromeria Brownei is honestly the closest thing I can find that looks similar to it. Otherwise it might not be a fully aquatic plant.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

It was submerged at the petshop so I'm assuming that'd be what it is then

I looked it up that's not it... I'll have to call the pet store tomorrow

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429574899.520029.jpg
I got this one now he knew nothing about plants so I have no idea what it is... I just know it's not the same as the other one..

The leaves aren't as thick and there is no little buds on this one in person you can see it's different in sure it's hard in photos

I realize it looks similar but it's not the same.

View attachment 270530
I got this one now he knew nothing about plants so I have no idea what it is... I just know it's not the same as the other one..

Much like with fish, it is generally not a good idea to buy a plant when you don't know what it is.

I would take that back, and then figure out some plants that will work with your tank and go find those plants and only buy those plants.

Much like with fish, it is generally not a good idea to buy a plant when you don't know what it is.

I would take that back, and then figure out some plants that will work with your tank and go find those plants and only buy those plants.

I totally agree with you! You spend less time and money going back and forth to the lfs.

It also looks like hedge to me too. It may just have been submerged for a bit so the foliage is a bit different. The large knobby nodes also say not aquatic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom