Plant ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenkatydid

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got this grass-ish looking thing. It has a rhizome (the bunch I bought had 3 separate rhizomes). As far as I know, rhizome plants do better attached to wood or rock, rather than buried, so I stuck them through a hole in my driftwood (the rhizomes were sort of hook-shaped, handily enough - I figure they were grown around something). I think it looks rather neat! But, what is it? I couldn't find it on plantgeek. Mostly, I need to know whether it will survive in my 1wpg tank. Though, it is halfway up the tank, so should be receiving a higher light than the bottom of the tank... is that how it works?

EDIT: *sigh* It's an Acorus, isn't it? Meaning, not aquatic? I bet it is. I hate pet shops.

Attachments

• p1030047_800.jpg
    p1030047_800.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 26
  • p1030048_133.jpg
    p1030048_133.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 14
They typically carry a couple of different varieties of that plant at Petsmart... I have owned many in the past, none longer than a couple of months, though. You should bring it back with a printout from here:

http://www.plantgeek.net/plant-6.htm

Let them know it is mislabeled... Should be a pond / terrarium plant. Cannot survive in an aquarium. Not that they will do anything beyond giving you your money back... but it is bad business practice...

they won't give me my money back, but i don't really mind. it's a nasty little petshop that i disapprove of, but is the only one in my area, and i'm useless at avoiding petshops lol

Back
Top Bottom