Plant ID and Help getting it to grow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
this plant was sold to me as part of a trade with another hobbiest (on my local forum) oh about 3-4 months ago now. he sold it to me as Lobelia cardinalis, though i do not think it looks like the pictures i have seen....

1. is this id correct?

2. now i understand Lobelia cardinalis is a slow grower, but i have not seen ANY growth in 3-4 months. i have it in 3 wpg, w/ CO2, EI dosing and eco-compleat substrate. what am i doing wrong?

thanks in advance :D

That is Lobelia cardinalis 'Small Form'.

It is a really slow grower as aquatic plants go. I started with (2) 6 months ago and now I have around 20 or so.

rkilling1 said:
That is Lobelia cardinalis 'Small Form'.

It is a really slow grower as aquatic plants go. I started with (2) 6 months ago and now I have around 20 or so.
any suggesting on getting growth out it? what you see in the picture is exactly how it looked when i planted it 3-4 months ago...

I have about the same setup as you. I have Eco for the substrate, dose EI, have about 3 WPG of T-8, and run pressurized CO2 at 30 PPM.

About once a month I trim all the babies from the mature stems and replant them. I get about 8 new plants from every mature stem.

This is my guppy tank and it is VERY populated with fish. Maybe around 50 or so guppies. I know the NO3's stay around 60 PPM.

APC has a nice description:

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/plantfinder/details.php?id=152

Back
Top Bottom