Plant id and melon sword problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paytertot

Aquarium Advice Addict
Need an id on this first plant please and also im wondering what's wrong with my melon sword, any ideas

Attachments

• image-614439239.jpg
    image-614439239.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3646181601.jpg
    image-3646181601.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 103
Just FYI the first one is a bunch plant. I bought them both on Tuesday. The melon was good looking at the store but as you can see, it doesn't look too good right now. So there's a little more info.

paytertot said:
Just FYI the first one is a bunch plant. I bought them both on Tuesday. The melon was good looking at the store but as you can see, it doesn't look too good right now. So there's a little more info.

That first plant is incredible. I want some lol.

First plant is an aluminum plant. Unfortunately they're not aquatic. And swords are heavy root feeders. Add some root tabs.

I already have one sword and it is going nuts growing. I have root tabs. Also the first plant I waited to buy until it had been in the tank at the store for at least a week to make sure it was aquatic but I guess it doesn't work that way

paytertot said:
I already have one sword and it is going nuts growing. I have root tabs. Also the first plant I waited to buy until it had been in the tank at the store for at least a week to make sure it was aquatic but I guess it doesn't work that way

They die veeerrrrryyy slowly.

paytertot said:

It might last for up to a month. But then it will deteriorate. As for the sword, if the leaves were grown out of water and then placed fully submerged, they can die off.

herp_mommy said:
It might last for up to a month. But then it will deteriorate. As for the sword, if the leaves were grown out of water and then placed fully submerged, they can die off.

Yea that's what happened with my other sword so I guess we'll see.

I took the plant out that you said wasn't aquatic and it dried up and died! Grr. :(
Change of conditions too quickly. Keep watering it, it might grow back.

Probably what is happening with the sword. The lighting was different in the store so the leaves that were established will die off and new ones will grow. i would still put a root tab under/near it though.

FishEggs said:
Change of conditions too quickly. Keep watering it, it might grow back.

Probably what is happening with the sword. The lighting was different in the store so the leaves that were established will die off and new ones will grow. i would still put a root tab under/near it though.

Yea I use root tabs. And liquid ferts and co2. I pulled off the dying leaves so it could focus on making new ones so now I'm just waiting. Lol

Back
Top Bottom