Plant id help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
K so I bought a plant package from pets unlimited 5 plants 20$ I need help to Id them here they are please put number 1-5 beside your guess number 5 is beautiful i love it

A thanks will be given to all that help

#'s 1 and 2 Both look like non aquatic plants ... Yellow / Gold ribbon and Mondo Grass respectively. Middle left (3) looks like a sword, Middle Right (4) Java fern
bottom also looks like a sword of some sort.

See the link below for the non aquatics ... There is a chance number 2 could be a micro sword ... but it's hard for me to tell.
PlantGeek.net - Plant Guide

The only picture I can say for sure is Java Fern. The first two don't look to be aquatic (dracaena and mondo grass as jetajockey and jcolon pointed out), but 3 and 5 don't look aquatic to me... though I have no idea what they are.

I hope I'm wrong, but #3 also looks like a non-aquatic - Spathyphillum. Commonly called Peace Lily. I *think* it's often marketed as Brazilian Sword? (as opposed to Amazon Sword)

The only picture I can say for sure is Java Fern. The first two don't look to be aquatic (dracaena and mondo grass as jetajockey and jcolon pointed out), but 3 and 5 don't look aquatic to me... though I have no idea what they are.

I have to agree, although it's possible number 5 may be hygro of some sort. Hard to tell from the pic..

Ryan, does the 3rd plant have a rhizome, or is it stems?

Last edited:
#1 does look like a ribbon :(
2 micro sword? Dwarf sag? It does not look like mondo the leaves are cylinder shaped instead of flat like mondo
3 Anubias congensis:) leaves don't look like peace Lilly and peace Lilly is more dense but roots are growing like mad
4 agreed java fern:)
5 temple ? I think have a google and let me know

sorry to jump into your thread Ryan (hope you don't mind as I will be quick :))

anyway
I bought your #1 (my dark green is opposed to your yellow) from shop other day oh dear so where should it be but for under the water?

sorry to jump into your thread Ryan (hope you don't mind as I will be quick :))

anyway
I bought your #1 (my dark green is opposed to your yellow) from shop other day oh dear so where should it be but for under the water?

I fell into that trap once myself. Mine have been happily planted in a pot sitting in my kitchen window for almost a year now. lol

OMG lol that bad but ty I will leave it for tonight and pot it out tomorrow with loads of growls at lfs on next vizit rofl

Back
Top Bottom