Plant ID Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hulka9

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got this plant from Petco and it wasn't labeled. Can someone identify it? It's the tall leafy one with an almost bamboo like stem.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397351549.992963.jpg

Tall one on the right? Looks like Temple Plant or Giant Hygrophillia(sp?). Is the stem a reddish color?

All the tall plants are the same. They have green stem with horizontal lines on them like bamboo.

Pretty sure its Temple/Giant Hygro(both same plant just different names!). That's how mine looked when I had just got it, possible the red tint was nutrient related because mine are green now also. They grow like weeds in high light and the leaves get to be 7-8 inches long! Beautiful plants and my fish love them for cover/hammocks!

After look at some pics of temple plants I'm not sure thats it. The leaves don't look the same.

Here is a pic of a few leaves from mine that I just trimmed for comparison. On the left is a leaf from the bottom of my plant, middle leaf is from halfway up the stem, and the right is a leaf from the top(about 5 inches below my BML 36" Dutch Light). They look very different but are all from the same plant at different levels of PAR. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397417648.716814.jpg

Back
Top Bottom