Plant ID (some kind of Anubias)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rokuzachi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got these at 3 for $10 out of a tank labeled "Assorted Anubias". I've never had any Anubias before these, though I wanted to get some Nana eventually.

Presently the tank is a 10g at 2.4 WPG with a high quality reflector from a hydroponics supplier, and the substrate is ~95% fluorite gravel. If this'll do for the plant in question, I'd greatly appreciate knowing. If not, I'm open to suggestions for replacements.

Thanks!

Attachments

• AnubiasQ.jpg
    AnubiasQ.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 97
Rokuzachi said:
I got these at 3 for $10 out of a tank labeled "Assorted Anubias". I've never had any Anubias before these, though I wanted to get some Nana eventually.

Presently the tank is a 10g at 2.4 WPG with a high quality reflector from a hydroponics supplier, and the substrate is ~95% fluorite gravel. If this'll do for the plant in question, I'd greatly appreciate knowing. If not, I'm open to suggestions for replacements.

Thanks!

All Anubias is low light, easy care so you're fine. Not sure which type but below is a link that has a long list of them.

Is that a rock or petrified wood behind it? Very cool looking.

http://www.plantgeek.net/plantguide_search.php?search=anubias&type=Search

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium

All Anubias is low light, easy care so you're fine. Not sure which type but below is a link that has a long list of them.

Is that a rock or petrified wood behind it? Very cool looking.

PlantGeek.net - Plant Guide

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium

Thanks! Yea it is, my LFS had a whole crate of it for less than $3 a pound. I jumped on the best piece I could find cause I used to have a collection of petrified stumps and limbs where I grew up. My father was an Earthmover so he used to dig them up all the time.

There's a few more tiny pieces in there, I'll post a full picture when the water is free of random plant debris. That Hornwort shed like crazy when I put it in...

Back
Top Bottom