Plant Ideas for a 10 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cherokeeluvr

Aquarium Advice Addict
I’ve had my tank up and running for a few months, and I’m not totally digging it. I feel like something is a bit off.

Here is the tank:

Plants-Left is Italian Val (some crypt wendtii bronze in front of it), middle is ammannia gracilis, right is crypt wendtii bronze and some wendtii green in front of that, foreground is s repens

I don’t think I’m a huge fan of the ammannia gracilis area. Does anybody have ideas for different plants in that section? I’m open to changing plants around in other areas too.

For reference, my setup is:
- finnex planted plus
- flora max substrate (+Root tabs for crypts)
- CO2 running a bit low (around 1 bps)
- Thrive dosed every other day
- iron doses 1-2 times per week
-50-70% WC weekly

Alternanthera reineckii and Bacopa caroliniana looks nice paired with each other. Or sub out the AR with Ludwigia sp. ‘red’.

I agree.

AR mini
Bacopa
Rotala
Ludwigia super red mini
Ludwigia repens
Any myriophyllum spp. of your choice
Cabomba

I love all of these ideas!! I’ll have to order some of these plants in the next couple weeks!

Excellent suggestions....A splash of red would definitely make that tank pop !

I agree with everybody in that some red would pop nicely in your tank. Do you know if Super Red Ludwiga is available to you, cause that is a nice looking plant that should work and it looks pretty different from everything else you already have in there.

Definitely go with some L. super red mini. In high hopes that you live in Canada I can send some to you for free (just pay shipping).... If not, then you're out of luck ;)

Definitely go with some L. super red mini. In high hopes that you live in Canada I can send some to you for free (just pay shipping).... If not, then you're out of luck ;)

Sadly, I’m not in Canada, but I appreciate the offer!

I love how that plants looks and I’ll have to order some!

I just received a happy package today! I ordered Luwigia super red mini and bacopa caroliniana. Both plants look amazing and hopefully they’ll stay that way in my tank! I’ll post update photos once they’ve grown a bit.

That is beautiful!

When are we ever really satisfied. I know even when I get something that looks good I am already thinking of other things to do with it too!

Looks spot on [emoji106] bit more aggressive trimming on the center plants and it will look great when they bush in [emoji106][emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom