Plant identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mickeybags

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can someone help me identify this plant? I got it a while back and can't remember what it's called. I would like to get some more for my 10 gallon tank. Also would a 15 want fluorescent be enough for them and a few java fern?

Side note: where can I find pre-soaked driftwood online. None of my LFS sell it and I really can't boil any or let soak for a long time. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414650859.604980.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It looks like a species of Cryptocornye: C. lucens, C. beckettii, or C. willisii
Sorry, can't help with the DW.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Maybe even crypt wendtii, it looks a lot like some of mine. You can get similar ones at many LFS, or PetSmart sells it in shrimp wrapped packages from tissue culture. It looks like a horrible idea, but I've bought 3 packs of it now, and they all took off and grew well, better than crypts I've gotten at LFS's. They typically have both a green and red variant; the latter grows much slower and (I think) needs more light.

Back
Top Bottom