Plant identification help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SumthingsFishy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone, I haven't been on AA in a while but I recently picked up a couple plants from the LFS the other day and I have no idea what they are. I just knew they were tall and provide something for my fish to hide behind, and for $3 a stem who could complain? Any help is greatly appreciated!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456973369.744526.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456973381.112439.jpg

I can't comment on the hydro, but I have wisteria in my tank and it grows fast! Very easy to grow and when trimming, you can plant the trimmed tops in your substrate to get a new stem. Just make sure to trim the leaves off the bottom before planting it.

The first one is emmersed wisteria and the second one is a emmersed hydro.

I can't comment on the hydro, but I have wisteria in my tank and it grows fast! Very easy to grow and when trimming, you can plant the trimmed tops in your substrate to get a new stem. Just make sure to trim the leaves off the bottom before planting it.

Thank you, I didnt want to go on keeping these and continue to not know what they were. I knew the wisteria that wouldve been my first guess but never wouldve guessed the hydro. You don't really see them too often tbh.

:thanks:

After looking at the hygro better, I'm thinking its probably Hygrophila corymbosa 'Siamensis' or Hygrophyla corymbosa "stricta" . But to know for sure you'll have to wait until it puts out its aquatic foliage.

Back
Top Bottom