Plant limit for tank w/ no CO2???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TygGer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it possible to have too many plants in a tank without a CO2 system?

After doing some reading, it was suggested that surface agitation removes CO2 from the water so airstones, etc should be removed. Right now, I have a Whisper bio filter and an air stone in a 10 gallon tank with a couple live plants. I thought that the fish needed the air bubbles in the water to survive?

Anyone have suggestions?

Not really. But the plants would do much better with CO2. To give you an idea how much better I just took out around 3-4 gallons of plants from my high light CO2 injected 55 gallon tank.

If you have plants in the tank you can get rid of the air stone. The fish need oxygen which the plants will create. Also your Whisper filter will give you enough oxygen in the water for your fish.

For CO2 on a 10 gallon tank I would recommend you get the Hagen bubble counter/ramp and just use a 1-2 liter juice bottle with DIY mix in it. That's what I'm running on my 10 gallon tank.

Ok thanks! Im still trying to learn about the correlation between CO2, live plants and fish.

Hold on... Are you saying plants do better without CO2 Rex Grigg? Coz that ain't true... No?

Was that a typo?

Back
Top Bottom