Plant number

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeyGGGG

Aquarium Advice Activist
Was wondering what would be a good number of plants for a 10 gallon tank? I have a diy co2 injected installed if that makes a difference

What kind of plants are you interested in? Some species can fill a 10g with just one plant.

Also, if you want carpet plants, you only have to start with one or two and they can reproduce on your own.

If you have the patience, you can just wait til the plants grow, lop off pieces, and replant them.

I'm not really the patient type and have had my plants for a while:) but I have 4 or small amazon swords, 3 java ferns, and 1 or 2 anbusis things

"Small" amazon swords? Do you mean microswords or just baby amazons? Amazons are really not suitable for a 10, unless you plan to move them when they get too big.

Java fern is good, and anubias might work, but I would recommend anubias nana or anubias nana petite, and small plants like that. You won't have to eventually remove them.

I have a 55gal that I can move them into. And by small I mean that they are about 4 or 5 inches.

That is tiny. There's nothing wrong with starting them in your 10g if you don't mind redoing your aquascape when they get too big.

Yeah I figured that's what I'd do there in there cause the bigger one is going through some cycling. Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom