Plant Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.waffles1842

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, i like looking at planted tanks, but i only have a small banana plant and a straight stocky plant. Can someone give me some great plants and the order to get them? I also would like some good ideas for driftwood. Thanks all!

What type of lighting do you have and on what size tank? That will ultimately decide what plants you can keep. Most people start with easy ones like Java Fern, anubias and java moss.

mr.waffles1842 said:
I can go check. as for lightbulbs, i use the
Aqueon Fluorescent Strip Lights in Black

Isn't that the lighting fixture? Check the actual bulb for watts and k (Kelvin)

If it's an aqueon fixture it will have an aqueon bulb. Is the light have kind of a pinkish light?

Hmmmm, are you positive re bulb doesn't say anything? It should say aqueon on one of the sides and then the wattage and k under that. Take the bulb out and see if it's on the other side where you can't see

20 gal high. its an aqueon fixture. no, it has a bluish light...

The 24" Aqueon fixure usually comes with one 15 Watt T8 8,000k bulb. If that is indeed what you have, you are under 1 wpg as far as lighting is concerned and will need to stick with lowlight plants. Java fern and anubias are two great starter plants and are pretty easy to find in most Pet stores.

rich311k said:
That is probably an 18 watt fixture. It is not going to grow much.

Thats the wattage mine says, mine grows some java moss. But that's about it

Back
Top Bottom