Plant Problems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hannibal the Bichir

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi,
After the setup of the 28 bow. I've noticed some issues with the plants. Melting (transparent sections of leaves), yellowish Anubis, and other various plants with yellow leaves. I don't know what's going on. In my 2.5, the Anubis nana is great. It has all sorts of new growth and is a dark splendid green. I'm using the same substrate as the 2.5 (fluorite and Eco complete) and even more ferts. It has the ray2, flourish tabs, DIY co2, flora pride(replaced by pps/pro method on Monday for the water column), and good filtration. The only thing different between the 2.5 and 28 is the lighting and flourish excel on the 2.5 vs DIY on 28. I'm looking at charts saying that yellowing is an iron deficiency. The flourish tabs are almost completely iron based. As far as the Anubis goes, flora pride has a small amount of iron. The Anubis ha sone small hole, whic is due to potassium deficiency. I'll fix that with the pps-pro. The light runs 7hrs a day.i know crypts melt upon arrival, so I assume all plants melt somewhat. Here are a few pics. Also, oh is a stable 8.1, nitrate is 30ppm, nitrate is 5ppm. I'll test again today.

The Anubis was on its side for two days. Dw is coming Monday, so ill attach it to that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 59
Corkscrew Val, hard to make out melting sections on the plant

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 49
This is why I was worried about the Anubis. Here is the other half in the 2.5, sorry for water spots on glass.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 56
Everything is coming back strong. I noticed the formation of algae on the glass and plants. Ill cut the light to six hours a day. I got the driftwood soaking right now. I made the pps-pro, has to sit for a day. Quick question, when they said to use soft water, is artisan water okay for that purpose? Thank you, will post pics when dw is in.

Oh, the anubias had stems that were rotten. I don't know what happened, I think the band was to tight.

Back
Top Bottom