plant recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueramboy87

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a ten gallon freshwater community but full of fake plants. Right now I would kinda like to add some live plants. So my question is what plants do you recommend for 10 gallon and a person new to plants. Oh and I also only have access to chain pet stores like petsmart, petco, and petland so I would like for the plants you suggest to be easy to find.
Thanks in advance

So I have a ten gallon freshwater community but full of fake plants. Right now I would kinda like to add some live plants. So my question is what plants do you recommend for 10 gallon and a person new to plants. Oh and I also only have access to chain pet stores like petsmart, petco, and petland so I would like for the plants you suggest to be easy to find.
Thanks in advance

Java moss, anubias, java ferns, crypts, amazon swords

wow thanks for responding so fast. do you need any fertz or root tabs with those

Crypts and the sword will enjoy it. But u don't have to. I reccomend freezing a bit of tank water with food inside of it then planting it next to the crypt and swords. Java fern and anubias should NEVER be planted. Tie it to a rock, driftwood, or just float it!

so for java fern and anubias I should just tie their roots to some rock or driftwood with fishing line or something?

oh ok I see. What about those different kinds of grasses, do you know anything about them?

Ok then I won't mess with those yet.
Could you explain to me the process of planting them and things of that sort. Are they in a mini pot or something?

oh ok then I won't mess with them yet. Could you explain to me about bringing them home and then planting them, are they in a pot or something and how do I plant them?

oh ok then I won't mess with them yet. Could you explain to me about bringing them home and then planting them, are they in a pot or something and how do I plant them?

When u being home crypts or swords it will be in a pot. Just pull it out of the wool/pot, dig a hole, stick it in:p. anubias and java fern/moss won't be in anything. Just float it, tie it to a rock or driftwood.

Back
Top Bottom