Plant safe tank nuke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have been having issues with fresh water limpets for a little while and decided that it's time to get rid of them all forever. The tank in question is a 10g heavily planted tank with a betta and 4 cory cats.

Some of the options that we came up with in the chat room to take care of it includes:

1 - Taking plants out and dipping them in potassium permegranate. Then adding bleach to the tank and running it filter and all. Fish would be removed btw :)

2 - Hydrogen peroxide addition to the tank. No idea how much to use however

3 - Clown loach until the snails disappear

4 - Using coppersafe in the tank - Would this make everything invert unfriendly for the next forever? Would this hurt my plants?

5 - Skip nuking the tank and instead paint half of them red and the other half blue. Add weapons to the tank and let them battle it out. May not control the problem entirely but at least it will be amusing

What do you guys think? Due to the low bio load of the tank the BB really aren't something I care about so it doesn't have to be bacterial friendly.

If they are really bugging you then your best bet will probably be to take out the plants and livestock and nuke it.

Back
Top Bottom