Plant selection in a 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Otos are Shrimp safe. But most fish are not.

Okay two things. I was think of changing up the tank and turning it into a shrimp and oto tank.

I'm also gonna change up my lighting. First ill try and find out how powerful the LEDs are. Then I'll see what I can do.

I'm 14 so I'm not amazing at DIY. Any pointers on replacing the lighting?

Okay two things. I was think of changing up the tank and turning it into a shrimp and oto tank. I'm also gonna change up my lighting. First ill try and find out how powerful the LEDs are. Then I'll see what I can do. I'm 14 so I'm not amazing at DIY. Any pointers on replacing the lighting?

Well, if you want to skip the DIY route you can do a Finnex Ray 2 or a Finnex Fugeray. The Ray 2 would allow you to grow anything you wanted. However, because it's heavy in the blue spectrum, it makes colorful plants look washed out. With a Ray 2 you would need co2 or atleast liquid carbon, but with the Fugeray you may be able to do it with just liquid carbon.

Just out of curiosity what was the growth rate on the marsilea like? Was this in one of your dry fert and glut tanks? Any problems with algae? Thanks Rivercats! :)

Actually I did have some in the 220 with high light and glut and they did grow fairly fast considering they are a very slow grower. They took some time to acclimate and change over to their submerged growth form but once they did they started growing well. I eneded up taking them out as they just looked to messy for my taste.

I have: 2 java ferns, 1 cryptocoryne, 1 dwarf sagittarius, 3 anubias nana, 1 hornwort & 1 amazon sword in my 10 gallon. Mine is a 10 gallon starter kit from petsmart (great choice) and all i changed was the two 15 watt bulbs that came with to 2 25 watt bulbs instead.
Has been planted for two weeks with two separate doses of Seachem Equilibrium. All plants are doing wonderfully!

Back
Top Bottom