Plant suggestions for 2 wpg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishygurl

Aquarium Advice Freak
What are some plants for a 2 wpg set up? IM adding some co2 soon. Ive go two plants in there now.
I need some background plants, as well as some foreground and middle ones. The taller one of the tow plants i already have had a stem with some roots comeing out of them so i planted those and they are now growing. That pic of the tall plant is old ill post a new one soon bacause the plant looks quite different because there are new small plants grow out of the stems in the middle. But anyways, i need one type of fast growing background plant because the one i have will not really cover the back. (It needs to be fast growing because plants are expensive here i i dont rellay want to bay alot of one type)For the middle, i need some thing thats a bit of a different shape from the ones i have. There was one i saw at the lfs that was light green and it kind of looked like a straight stem with circles attached, lol bad descriptions but i am going to the lfs today or tomorrow so i will post the name then. I like the dwarf swords, but im not sure if the middle or foreground. For the foreground im thinkings mabye a carpet plant or a very low growing one as i want some open swimming space in the front. Then i need big plant to be sort of a centerpice.

TIA
Fishygurl

Attachments

• copy_of_picture_169_597.jpg
    copy_of_picture_169_597.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 27
  • picture_170_204.jpg
    picture_170_204.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 40
I changed my mind, theres no point in planning for plants, theres a nice selection of plants at the LFS but its not likely that there would be the ones that i chose, the plant tank at the LFS has the same lights as me so i can pretty much choose whatever looks good.

fishygurl said:
I changed my mind, theres no point in planning for plants, theres a nice selection of plants at the LFS but its not likely that there would be the ones that i chose, the plant tank at the LFS has the same lights as me so i can pretty much choose whatever looks good.

:?
that "tall plants" is moneywort and would make a very good background plants.I also like corkscrew vallisinera for background

Just remember that the plants are in the LFS for the short term. They don't really need to get the light right in the tanks which hold the plants for sale. Most of the stock will move before light issues cause problems for the plants.

Your tank I presume is to hold plants for the long term. You will need to plan which plants are appropriate for your setup.

www.plantgeek.net

you can browse through all the plants and you can even look by lighting. YOu can get away with Medium, medium low, and low-light plants in your tank. I have a 10 gallon with 15 watts.. 1.5 wpg and can do medium low, low light, and some medium light plants.

Just do what I do. Go the the lfs and write down the names of all the plants that "look sweet". My lfs writes the names on the tank on front of the row, very organized. I then go home, after hearing some grief about getting new plants, I look up the names on www.plantgeek.net and get some general information on them.

It's quite interesting to find out that half of them require some high lighting, and I am in the same boat as you as I have about 2.5wpg in a 20 gallon long.

I am still debating which one will replace my "death trap" plastic corkscrew val. (See post http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=68449 )

Thats also what i do bman... i write down the names and research them afterwards. There has been some Asian Ambulia at my LFS for a while and when i looked it up at home i found out it is a low light plant and its doing pretty good in my tank since i got it.

Back
Top Bottom