Plant suppliments? specific item questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RWaltman

Aquarium Advice Activist
so I'm moving to a bigger tank and I'm going to expand the planted aspect of my tank...now how important is a CO2 system? I've seen a liquid co2 solution online at petsolutions, would this work? Also, I use sand substrate with a small amount of gravel (soft bellied bichirs present)...would a plant nutrient help? Mainly products I'm looking at are Red sea flora root, Pro Plant as an additive, and Natural Aquarium Vital (the co2 liquid)...any experience with these? I want to have healthy plants and if a small co2 system is needed then so be it, but I can't believe I would need one...suggestions comments?

CO2 will make your plants grow better. The type of fertilizers you use will depend on the plants. Heavy root feeders like swords you will want to use root tabs with. Plants that seem to sprout roots mid stem like hydros you will want to use liquid fertilizers with. The liquid CO2 can melt plants like vals.

the liquid co2 can be pricey in the long run more so with bigger tanks. co2 isnt a must for most tanks but they will help.

ok I'm gonna stick with just a general fertilizer food for my plants...I have sand substrate which occasionally worries me about plants being about to get enough nutrients

Back
Top Bottom