plant tabs, too good to be true?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know if that clay is safe or not. Maybe someone with more knowlege can let us know. I've never used clay before.

If it is the red clay I don't see why not. As for any other clay, I have no idea. May work, may not. Could have different chamicals, additives and others things that may be bad for an aquarium. Could be like ceramic slip. The standard slip is safe for aquariums. The stuff they call Raku slip is not recommended for aquarium use beause of different chemicals.

Well it seems it is too good to be true. I would not recommend the site to anyone because some have ordered and have not recieved their tabs and they never return emails. Sorry but i will keep looking and hopefully make amends for the bogus site.

Re Clays -
The red clay sold for making root tabs is actually a very specialized clay and is unlike any "normal" hobby / potter clays including other "red" (ie: terra cotta) clays. I had looked this up for someone else - best to stick with whats known to work.

Sorry about recycling an old thread, but I was wondering how this turned out. Did anyone ever receive their free samples from this company?

I didn't receive any free samples, but I got my order. It took almost 2 months, but I got it. The tabs are pretty good.....

Well they company isn't worht dealing with IMHO. They don't return emials and the only one that ordered hot his tabs in 2 months or so. Hopefully Lone will reply and let you know how well they worked because he is the only one that has gotten them if I remeber right.

Back
Top Bottom