Plant world!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got 2 planted tanks a 10G and 20G. They aren't really planted my 20G long has 2 of one kind and 10G has only 1. Now I really want my tanks to be planted but im never good with plants all of them are dying (pic below ) if I need to trim it I don't know how. I'm pretty new to plans and all. I just want to start on beginner plants so any advice would help thanks!

Took Leaf off of plant. Anyone advice?? Starter plants? I have LEDs in 20G and fluorescent on 10G

It looks from that pic that there is a new leaf growing. That's a good sign. Removing that damaged leaf will help as the plant won't be wasting resources trying to fix it. That's a sword? Do you use root tabs? Swords are root feeders and like root tabs. More info on your lighting and stock will be needed for folks to help you with planting your tank.

blert said:
It looks from that pic that there is a new leaf growing. That's a good sign. Removing that damaged leaf will help as the plant won't be wasting resources trying to fix it. That's a sword? Do you use root tabs? Swords are root feeders and like root tabs. More info on your lighting and stock will be needed for folks to help you with planting your tank.

Thanks for replying! I got marineland LEDs and I don't know what wattage I can figure out soon. I don't know what kind the plant is though :( maybe I can ID on a thread. I have 2 inca snails 2 red wag platys , 2 sunset platys , 5 zebra danios.

They both can be tied on a piece of driftwood or placed on top of your substrate weighted down and the roots will take into the substrate.

gmanova said:
They both can be tied on a piece of driftwood or placed on top of your substrate weighted down and the roots will take into the substrate.

Thanks I'm going to be looking where I can get some.

I got mine at a Petco! Pet Smart may also carry it! Very easy to grow and they reproduce other plants, so you don't need allot to start. I started with 2 just 3 months ago and they are already making new baby plants!

Hofuf boy said:
Hello! Anybody here from Saudi Arabia?

I'm not from there but you can introduce your self on member introductions (create own thread). Welcome though!

Hi. This is my 1st time here and I do not know yet how to navigate this site. Can you walk me through how to do what you just suggested? Thanks a lot!

Hofuf boy said:
Hi. This is my 1st time here and I do not know yet how to navigate this site. Can you walk me through how to do what you just suggested? Thanks a lot!

I use the app for 90% of the time but I can. You can scan through the forums and see what you need help with\or you help other people with. You can go to your profile by clicking your name in top right hand corner. You can chat with people for help on toolbar at top.

Back
Top Bottom