Planted 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Keep an eye on that wattage bulb. I think your ten gallon hood is only rated for 15 watts a piece. Did you ever find out the name of that plant in front of your tank?

The sticker inside the hood says 25w or below. Does that change if they are CFL bulbs?

I went back to that same store and there were two packages that looked similar to what I bought. One was Cypts, and the other was microswords. They really took off on me and I had to trim them down.

Here is the new set up. I am really hoping that the dwarf hairgrass starts to spread.

Attachments

• DSCN0339.jpg
    DSCN0339.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 56
Keep an eye on that wattage bulb. I think your ten gallon hood is only rated for 15 watts a piece. Did you ever find out the name of that plant in front of your tank?

Started a new thread to id plant, many people think it is a cypt.

Sweet! It looks great! I couldnt get good light in my 5 gallon so I took the hood off and put it by a window lol

Sweet! It looks great! I couldnt get good light in my 5 gallon so I took the hood off and put it by a window lol

I had the same problem with my 8 gallon. I bought a desk lamp and put a CFL bulb in it. Got the light I needed lol. Do you have any problems with algee with the natural sunlight?

Any advice on how to get the dwarf hair grass to spread? I may just need to give it more time. The only thing I think I am weak in is my substrate.

Mab2000 said:
Any advice on how to get the dwarf hair grass to spread? I may just need to give it more time. The only thing I think I am weak in is my substrate.

What are your lights at like wpg?

I am at 4.6 I think. I have 2 23 watt cfl in a 10 gallon. I got a CO2 system as well.

I had the same problem with my 8 gallon. I bought a desk lamp and put a CFL bulb in it. Got the light I needed lol. Do you have any problems with algee with the natural sunlight?
Mom wont let me use a desk lamp because the tank is in my room alone and she doesnt trust them. The sunlight has caused no algae yet but its only been there a week or 2 and I have pothos vine and duckweed to soak up extra nutrients :)
I like how the 2 compacts on the 10 gallon. Lights it very well. One compact on a 5 gallon leaves something to be desired because it doesnt light evenly.

Back
Top Bottom