planted 10 gallon low tech log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I am trying to get the mix right though. My CO2 was down and that caused me a nice algae bloom. I dont have any problems with it on the plants just the glass. It also doesnt help that the tank is near a southfacing window. LOL Ill get it right though

I am dosing as follows
1/8 tsp kno3 3x a week
1/16 tsp kh2p04 3x a week
1/16 tsp k2so3 3x a week
5mL flourish comprehinsive 3x a week

But i may need to down the dosage NO3 is about 25ppm
PO4 is bout 1.00
K is 25ppm
CO2 is 30ish but not steady (hence the green glass) the co2 is DIY like yours but my house temps have been swinging lately making the yeast production fluctuate

Yeah with a large PWC once a week to avoid Buildups of nutrients.

mostly to keep the nitrates in check. My tank has such a small bioload. its mostly shrimp, that i have to dose teh nitrates or they crash

plant light

hi I am also trying to get a planted tank started. I bought some of those "Top fin bulbs" from petco and planted them, well I kind of forgot about lighting so now im trying to find an affordable lighting hood or fixture of some sort that will provide enough light to grow these bulbs. How much would a light fixture like yours cost? I have looked around but I dont really know too much about what Im looking for. I keep reading reviews that say that some lights dont light up their aquariums adequately enough, and some say that the lights fluctuate the temperature too much. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Marv

hi I am also trying to get a planted tank started. I bought some of those "Top fin bulbs" from petco and planted them, well I kind of forgot about lighting so now im trying to find an affordable lighting hood or fixture of some sort that will provide enough light to grow these bulbs. How much would a light fixture like yours cost? I have looked around but I dont really know too much about what Im looking for. I keep reading reviews that say that some lights dont light up their aquariums adequately enough, and some say that the lights fluctuate the temperature too much. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Marv
I just paid abour $65 (which includes shipping) for a 65 watt setup for my 20 gallon.
Coralife Freshwater Aqualight- 24" Power Compact Light-1 x 65W

Just a quick note, those Coralife lights are on sale at big als. The 24" is $54.99 now. I'm getting a 30g tall and am thinking about getting this. Also for the price, I might go for the 36" (1x96) for my 30 long.

planted aquarium

Well I actually have just a 10g that I want to plant. I was wondering if I could use the 20$ light hood they sell at walmart? Would that be enough for a planted? I have read that you only need about 1watt of light per gallon of water. are there any other light hoods for 10g that arent too expensive?

Thanks
Marv

Back
Top Bottom