Planted 10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticHooper23

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I am starting up a planted 10 gallon tank and I just want to grow medium light plants to low, basically I just want to be able to grow all the plants that don't need a CO2 kit to thrive (dwarf hair grass etc) I just basically want dwarf sag, jungle Val, some different species rotala and hygro. I'm debating on whether I should get 2 20 inch finnex stingrays or 1 20 inch finnex planted plus. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Actually, at that depth (12") a Finnex Planted+ would get you medium light (assuming low = 10-30 PAR, medium = 30-80 PAR, high = 80-120 PAR). If no CO2 is desired, then Excel,
API CO2 Booster, or Glutaraldehyde should be considered.
Or you could go with two stingrays and put them on separate timers. That will allow you to stagger the time periods for better control of the lighting.
Depth (in)/PAR
3": 185
6": 117
9": 88
12": 61
15": 45

Ref.http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338114

Save yourself the headache and go with a current sat plus. A planted plus will require much more attention and additives.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

what's the price and par rating for a current sat?

Save yourself the headache and go with a current sat plus. A planted plus will require much more attention and additives.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What do you mean by this?

Back
Top Bottom