Planted 10G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattyfelts

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone, i have two 13 watt CFLS in my 10 Gallon. Tomorrow I am going to get plants and wanted to know what i should put in (pictures on my prof of the tank)

Anacharis, Java Fern, and Brazilian Pennywort are all good nitrate suckers, and the Anacharis and Java Fern look pretty classic. A lot of people like various Anubias plants which have darker, sturdier leaves, and are nice for resting bettas. Some sort of moss or something grassy usually looks nice as a foreground plant, and something fun or pretty looking like a Water Sprite, Pogostemon erectus, Marimo balls, or anything you think looks cool that isn't super hard to grow can make your tank more interesting and personal.

Anacharis, Java Fern, and Brazilian Pennywort are all good nitrate suckers, and the Anacharis and Java Fern look pretty classic. A lot of people like various Anubias plants which have darker, sturdier leaves, and are nice for resting bettas. Some sort of moss or something grassy usually looks nice as a foreground plant, and something fun or pretty looking like a Water Sprite, Pogostemon erectus, Marimo balls, or anything you think looks cool that isn't super hard to grow can make your tank more interesting and personal.
Yeah i already have a bit of anubias. I was looking at pennywort and some carpeting plants. What ferts would you recommend.

The only carpeting plant I can think of to even try in your tank would be Star repens. Other than that the light requirements are generally too high on carpeting plants.

It really depends... Two 13w CFL would possibly put your tank at a medium light level. In which case you would want to look at both fertilizers and a carbon source. It really all depends on how far you want to take it.

Offhandedly I would suggest going with excel and dry ferts. The dry ferts will cost you about $20 and will last at least 1 - 2 years on a 10g tank.

It really depends... Two 13w CFL would possibly put your tank at a medium light level. In which case you would want to look at both fertilizers and a carbon source. It really all depends on how far you want to take it.

Offhandedly I would suggest going with excel and dry ferts. The dry ferts will cost you about $20 and will last at least 1 - 2 years on a 10g tank.
Yeah okay ill take a look tomorrow because im going to a HUGE sale on fish stuff. Weird question, but would snail shells provide any fertilization? im just curious because my ramshorns constantly die and eat each other while im gone and i just wanted to know about that. And no they arent dieing from a water issue its just that i dont feed them because frankly i dont want them

Back
Top Bottom