Planted 20 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dual T5 HO should be plenty for a 20 gallon. How tall is this tank? I'm using the Finnex Ray 2, 7000k and if I recall correctly, I think I have around 90+ PAR at the substrate. I really don't think you have any need for additional lighting.

Oh it is a regular 20 high my light and stats are listed above I didn't personally take the par ratings myself bit the manufacturer said there ~70@24" & ~250@6" my dwarf baby tears are 13" below the surface my light is 2" above the water open top

My rummy noses came in to the pet store today. Is 2.75 a piece too much. I'll post some pics when I get them home. Now I just gotta wait another week for the corys. Then on to finding a full red apiso calc.

Edit: here's a link to a video of them feeding. I got a dozen asked for ten but they ordered 12 and gave me 2 free so I can't complain.
--->

Last edited:
So out of all my plants it has to be the ones no one thought would grow are the ones taking off like weeds. The hybrid hardy apongenton bulbs hers them after only a few weeks.

ForumRunner_20130420_154037.jpg

ForumRunner_20130420_154108.jpg

The pack came with 5, 3 have sprouted 2 of wich just took off like weeds 1 of those is already fending a bud to the surface, the 3rd one is only a cm out of the bulb. The 2 that haven't sprouted are still just Chillin there no mold or fungus so I guess ill just leave them for a few more weeks.

How is the HC? Is it spreading yet?

It's not yet I don't know if its a deficiancy, trying to bounce back from splitting or old growth dying off hopefully just old growth dying off ill get a pic with a didital camera today and post it up later.

Couldn't get a good pic but here's a video update of the whole tank.

And here's a video of the 4 panda coreys I got in today there actually pretty cool.

Last edited:
One of my bulbs just flowered! Man to they grow quick I got 3 out of 5 bulbs to take off! And the amazon sword grows solo fast also my HC is finally starting to spread a little.

ForumRunner_20130426_215348.jpg

The tank is looking great! I'll definitely be following along.

Thank you very much! ill be ordering some more plants in a couple weeks and doing some aqua scaping would like to find a native plant or two. But I don't wanna put something in here that's just gonna over run everything.

Thank you very much! ill be ordering some more plants in a couple weeks and doing some aqua scaping would like to find a native plant or two. But I don't wanna put something in here that's just gonna over run everything.
What plants are you thinking of getting? I've personally fallen in love with my wallichii and red tiger lotus.

Also, that's a steal you got your rummies for. They are $3-4/ea at the two LFS I go to, but that didn't stop me from having a school of 13. I think they are more than worth it.

What plants are you thinking of getting? I've personally fallen in love with my wallichii and red tiger lotus.

Also, that's a steal you got your rummies for. They are $3-4/ea at the two LFS I go to, but that didn't stop me from having a school of 13. I think they are more than worth it.

Well imma have to wait on the red tiger lotus but imma leave a spot for it I have 2 different lists of what I want to get ill post it up when I pick one and mabey I can get a few critiques on it.

Well I'll keep an eye on it! Always love peoples planted scape journey...I'm already on my second layout and I've only had the tank up for about a month.

Well I'll keep an eye on it! Always love peoples planted scape journey...I'm already on my second layout and I've only had the tank up for about a month.

Haha I feel ya there I'm not even done with this one and I just started a low tech 10g cycling for shrimp and I got a free 55 I'm in the process of cleaning and am gonna do plants in it also bit I'm gonna use fw in that one and its gonna have a lot of light I started threads on them also if you wanna follow along them as well your more then welcome to

Back
Top Bottom