planted 30gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'll be doing some trimming and thinning the beginning of next week and can send some plants your way. i have rams horn and malaysian trumpet snails just to warn you in case you're worried about them. they may hitch hike along for the ride.

i would suggest that you get a gas seperator \ bubble counter on that diy setup.

yeah alum dip. i heard you can get it at the supermarket with the pickling stuff

also a filter that agitates the water surface will cause your co2 to off gas out of your tank. keep your water level high to help prevent that

i also didnt see how you were diffusing the co2. is there and airstone or something?

yea otherwise the bubble just floats to the top pops and leaves the tank

here is a good diy co2 diagram
http://zedomax.com/image/200702/diy-co2-system.jpg

if you fill the gas seperator with water up past the hose it will act like a bubble counter\water filtration device.
you should diffuse the co2 somehow. there are lots of ways to do it. i made a diy reactor. some people use airstones but they arent as efficient. some people use limewood airstones, some just stick a chopstick up the hose.

i don't know since i was never worried about them. i think it helps the natural look and sort of completes the mini eco system IMO.
nice video. not sure that is actually an aquatic plant but if it is i'd like to know where to get one.
i would at least shorten the tubing that is in the bottle of your diy co2 so the mixture doesnt bubble up into the tubing and go into the tank.

yea otherwise the bubble just floats to the top pops and leaves the tank

here is a good diy co2 diagram
http://zedomax.com/image/200702/diy-co2-system.jpg

if you fill the gas seperator with water up past the hose it will act like a bubble counter\water filtration device.
you should diffuse the co2 somehow. there are lots of ways to do it. i made a diy reactor. some people use airstones but they arent as efficient. some people use limewood airstones, some just stick a chopstick up the hose.
yeah i looked it up and i put in a wooden airstone leading to a powerhead at the top. now i just gotta wait for the co2 to go back down the line.
i don't know since i was never worried about them. i think it helps the natural look and sort of completes the mini eco system IMO.
nice video. not sure that is actually an aquatic plant but if it is i'd like to know where to get one.
i would at least shorten the tubing that is in the bottle of your diy co2 so the mixture doesnt bubble up into the tubing and go into the tank.
yeah i just dont like the look of snails. dont know why i just think they make the glass look speckled and messy. whatever though. yeah i couldnt find any plants that looked similar online. hmmm...

ok so im going to go back to the lfs tomorrow. here are some things im thinking about getting:
more neons
some black skirt tetras
a few dianos of some sort maybe
and of course a few plants (ill make sure these ones are aquatic)
i really want some yellows/whites in my tank because its full of reds and blues and i want some lighter colors to add a pop if you know what i mean.
thanks!

Back
Top Bottom