planted tank advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a 36g bow front and I have decided to improve my plant selection from just amazon swords. I currently have 6 Amazon swords of various sizes, 7 cuttings of Ammania gracilis stems,Ludwigia repens rubin, and 3 java ferns.

I dose metricide 14 every other day full strength, 1 ml per 5 gallons andFlourish Planted Aquarium Comprehensive Plant Supplement Additive every Wednesday. I have flourish root tabs with iron supplements also for the amazon swords and ammonia gracious.

I currently have high medium lighting from a HOt5 4 bulb fixture, it I'm only use 2 of the because I originally had this fixture over a reef tank and have yet to replace the blue bulbs. So this 24x4 bulb fixture with awesome reflectors

I want to make my current plants thrive, and I eventually want to run co2 but alas, I am a poor teenager that's wandering what to do for the next improvement.

1. What bulbs would be best to replace my blue ones on my fixture. I have no idea what k to buy to make the reds pop in my plants.
2. I'm looking for a co2 kit or easy setup that's around 40-50$ (if one exist)

Any help offered is great, thanks

If you get your 4 bulb fixture with all bulbs between 5000 - 8000K and you use your glut daily as you say, you should have a fantastic planted tank with what you have. Just be sure you are giving them a good balanced MACRO & MICRO fertilizer routine. Many awesome tanks are in here with what you have. Pressurized CO2 is great but not nearly the only way to a beautiful tank. Personally I like 3 6000K and 1 5000K Geiseman bulbs for my Aquaticlife T5HO fixture. You should really look at GLA's PPS-Pro dry fert system. MUCH cheaper and longer lasting for a tank your size. Good luck, OS.

Well the 2 bulbs I'm using right now are 10,000 k and I'm still a little confused on the Marco and micro fertilizer.
I will be sure to look at the dry ferts

In my opinion 10,000 kelvin bulbs are too high. I use 6500 k and 6700 k. I combine daylight and plant bulbs for a wider color spectrum. But that's me.

Also, amazon swords are root feeders. Put tablets in the gravel for them. I use seachem tablets. Secondly, use the liquid additive for the water. It takes both for that "jungle" aquarium. Deuces.

What does the color spectrum do? I know curtain one improve colors but still confused on that

How is the stegosaurus t5 light bulb? It has a 6,500 kelvin rate but I haven't really heard of this brand before

Back
Top Bottom