Planted tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bcuzimbatman

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just started a planted 10gal. I used a laterite sub layer and then capped it with regular white sand. Currently I'm using 2 CFL bulbs to light it one is a 18w 5500k and the other is a 14w 5000k. I'm running a DIY c02 setup and currently have the water to about half the tank and the filter off as per advice I received from the LPS. My goal is a carpet of DHG which I currently have planted in there. I have 3 tiger barbs in there too. My question is. What non expensive upgrades can I make to ensure the healthy growth of my DHG and eventually a carpet effect?

image-3238471709.jpg

This is the tank I'm referring to

Attachments

• image-3697958542.jpg
    image-3697958542.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 59
I think that you have as much as you can for the DHG. The only other thing would be a full blown CO2 set up which is fairly expensive, as you probably know. I would actually fill up the tank all the way and add the filter since you said that you had tiger barbs in there (which aren't a good fish for a tank that size, they need more room considering they're very active and fairly aggressive).

Back
Top Bottom