Planted tank ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matthew_raw

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I just recived my new plants, washed them and planted them And just wanted your opinions and ideas

Attachments

• image-1566786447.jpg
    image-1566786447.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 70
First off you need to take the stem plants out, remove the weight around the bottom of them, the plant each stem individually with the leaves of each stem almost touching the leaves of the stems around it.

Next what is your lighting? You should always research plants you intend to buy to make sure they can grow in the lighting you have.

What ferts are you using? What is your nitrate and phosphate readings?

You can start by using a liquid carbon or if you have medium or high light CO2 would be fine BUT you have to be dosing a full regime of macro and micro nutrients with dry ferts because the more light along with CO2 increases plant growth which makes them need more ferts.

One white t5 light and no ferts or anything just the plants and the light and not sure of the readings I don't have a phosphate test but ill check the nitrite readings later

That light is low light. I'm assuming the light is a T5NO not HO? What size tank do you have? The red plant in the back, rotala wallichii, the cabomba purple or furcata (can't tell which in the pic), and the plant that has red on the far left are going to do poorly if they make it at all. They need much higher light, liquid carbon daily or CO2, and good ferts with a good dosing plan such as PPS-Pro or El.

Its a flouresent tube and 15 gallons two feet by one foot by one foot and I just made a DIY co2 system will that be enough ?

Since the tank is only 12" tall and take away a couple inches for your substrate then that is better. You'll just have to see how they do. DIY CO2 is fine but you still need to see about dry ferts.

do you know a cheap one that i can buy cheaply in the uk and are there any negative effects that they have on the tank. also i have a 36 rgb led bar coming soon thats 12v

do you know a cheap one that i can buy cheaply in the uk and are there any negative effects that they have on the tank. also i have a 36 rgb led bar coming soon thats 12v

PM Ian086 and tell him I said to contact him about the dry ferts he found and uses. He's in Ireland and might be able to help you with this. As for the light I am not familiar with it at all.

Back
Top Bottom