Planted tank questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

npaga005

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Have a 45 gallon tank that is 36x12x24h and is moderately planted. I have about 12 different plants that are medium sized and use the AquaSun 36" T5 HO lights with a 6500 k and a 10000 k bulb. I have some amazon and brazilian swords and some different grasses and wisteria i believe. My substrate is 3 bags of caribsea Eco complete planted substrate and My tank only has 4 gouramis in it at the moment. I was just wondering If I need a co2 system or not to keep the plants healthy or will my tank be fine how it is. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• image-3505265590.jpg
    image-3505265590.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 55
  • image-2231868128.jpg
    image-2231868128.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 58
It is hard to tell what all the plants are from the pictures but they all look to be lower light and low maintenance plants. You should be fine with your current lighting and adding a couple root tabs under your swords. I used EcoComplete in my 30g and I still had to supplement with root tabs.

Thanks I'll have to try some root tabs. Should I only use them I the swords?

You should use tabs under any heavy root feeding plants, like swords. If you put tabs under stem plants they won't do much for them.

I have a 125 mod. planted tank w no co2 system and all my plants do fine. Co2 is much appreciated by plants and will send them in overdrive but ur tank naturally has some co2 in it. I would at least dose tho. If co2 is a 10 on the carbon scale, dosing is around 6,7 range. This is just from my experience tho. I have numerous swords, rotala, crypts, java. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom