Planted tanks are cool!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irish.OG87

Aquarium Advice Freak
I refurnished my 36g bf with all live plants and im adding some dw to replace the house soon to make it more natural for my fish.
the plants i've added are dwarf grass, micro sword, corkscrew vals, water sprite, java fern, anubias nana (i think thats right) and chain sword too.

The lighting I have is the marineland reef capable led.
(which btw i have no idea what the wattage on it is, i thinks like 30ish watts, but i think it goes by lumens on leds right?)

Is this enough lighting for these plants, and also do just dig a hole in my soil and plant them or is there a specific way to plant these to where they will flourish? The soil i use is ecocomplete mixed with regular aqaurium substrate.

this is the tank with all the plants in it:

img_1405602_0_adb5fb2d9f72fbbf5045be47f60c9e35.jpg

Any suggestions for placement of plants if this isnt ok.

I think it looks great so far. I think I see a few rasboras? Ad I love the bow front tanks.
IMO, once your replace the house with driftwood, you will have a much more natural and beautiful aquascape while everything grows out.
Keep us up to date with pics!

I think it looks great so far. I think I see a few rasboras? Ad I love the bow front tanks.
IMO, once your replace the house with driftwood, you will have a much more natural and beautiful aquascape while everything grows out.
Keep us up to date with pics!

Thanks, IMO bow fronts are sooo much better in style and look than the original long tanks. Yes it is harlequin rasboras you see and i just noticed in the top right corner ther is oone of my glowfish lol.
TBH i wsnt keen on doin an all planted tank since i new very little about them, but ive read a bit and i thought id do it now, so dw is the last piece of the puzzle i think. i hope.
I will for sure keep pics coming.

i totally agree...great job so far...the plants can just be planted in a hole..you can just bury them and they will grow some roots..except for the java ferns and anubias. They should be in a DW or if they are in the substrate, don't bury the rhizomes, only the roots, coz that is where they grow. If the rhizomes are buried, they will die.

eco-complete is a good substrate...your plants should be fine...to avoid algae problem, have your lighting on from 8-10 hours. More than that and you are inviting the algaes...

i love harlequins. I have 5 of them in my 10G and they are awesome..

i totally agree...great job so far...the plants can just be planted in a hole..you can just bury them and they will grow some roots..except for the java ferns and anubias. They should be in a DW or if they are in the substrate, don't bury the rhizomes, only the roots, coz that is where they grow. If the rhizomes are buried, they will die.

eco-complete is a good substrate...your plants should be fine...to avoid algae problem, have your lighting on from 8-10 hours. More than that and you are inviting the algaes...

i love harlequins. I have 5 of them in my 10G and they are awesome..

I usually have my light on for 7-8hrs a day and then turn on the lunar light. the java fern is a bit of a pain to use because i have no driftwood right now to connect it to (currently i have a rock hold it down so it wont float away!! and the anubias i have it in the substrate with the roots sticking out of the top.
Then hopefully if i can find someone to get java moss from im gonna go make a java moss wall....ik it wud look super cool.

Question....chain sword cud i use that as a floating plant??

Back
Top Bottom